ARE YOU READY TO RAISE MAJOR GIFTS?
Donors, advocates and volunteers are the true customers of a nonprofit’s mission (before clients or causes). DSI Counselors use the Major Gifts Ramp-Up Model to ensure that your annual fund, capital project or endowment campaign are celebrated by friends and supporters long before you invite them to participate in feasibility study or make a financial gift. Let our team of veterans prepare your organization to answer the following questions with “YES” before you go public with your fundraising initiative.
- Have you grown your prospect base to a sufficiently large number of big-gift donors and can you identify others who may be interested in giving substantial amounts?
- Is there wholehearted agreement among the administration, staff, volunteers and directors/trustees concerning the worthiness of your fundraising plans?
- Are the trustees/directors and staff committed to the success of the project? Will everyone make personal sacrifices for the campaign – both in time and money?
- Is top-level leadership available, leaders who will bring their networks to bear?
- Can a sufficient corps of enthusiastic volunteers be enlisted to work on the campaign?
- Is your organization well regarded and highly respected in the community? Are your services considered important and relevant?
- Is there a valid need for your project? Can this need be communicated with urgency?
- Can a large gift representing 15-20% of the campaign goal be secured prior to formally launching the campaign? Can one-half of the campaign goal be secured from 10-15 donors?
- Have you implemented an effective public relations campaign that has introduced your “Case for Support” to the right people in your community?
- Have you selected fundraising counsel that will ensure you answer the previous questions with “YES” before you go public?